We all are aware that fiber, commonly known as dietary fiber is basically the non-digestible food in your diet. The functions of dietary fiber include:
Health Benefits of Dietary Fibre:
- Promotes a normal bowel function
- Helps control blood sugar levels
- Help keep blood cholesterol in control
- Helps in maintaining weight
Dietary Fibre is divided into two broad categories namely Soluble and Insoluble Fibre. Both these types are very much useful to maintain our normal health.
- Insoluble Fibre, creates bulk in the bowel, removing all the undigested food from the body. Main sources would include wheat bran, cabbage, and pea fiber.
- Soluble Fibre, on the other hand, is also known as fermentable fiber, which acts as a food for the probiotics. Soluble fiber is found in foods like oats and barley as well as some fiber supplements such as psyllium and partially hydrolyzed guar gum.
How Soluble Fibre acts as a Food to Probiotics?
Soluble fiber contains some special prebiotics like fructo-oligosaccharide or inulin; in our body, “prebiotics” are food ingredients which nurture the good bacteria and reduce bad bacteria in our body
The term “prebiotics” is recently being defined and since that time, numerous white paper studies have shown extensive benefits of prebiotics:
- Improving gut microflora environment
- Fighting against the pathogenic bacteria
- Enhancing dietary mineral absorption
- Enhancing control of appetite and weight
This way it supports the action of probiotics. Daily maintenance of probiotics is very important which helps to digest food, absorb nutrients and boost the digestive system.
This makes it very clear, that whenever you go ahead with the probiotic supplement – make sure to check if it’s giving you prebiotics too. Prebiotics acts a fuel for probiotics and thus improves the efficiency of the supplement. This will lead to an excellent microflora gut environment and the proper functioning of the bowel.
GNC brings to you a complete solution with the perfect combination of probiotics and prebiotics in just one capsule. Blend of 8 beneficial probiotic strains to promote healthy digestion & support immune health. Also, features a prebiotic blend for extra intestinal support.