Healthy Vanilla Flavoured Flaxseed Muffins
Start your day with high protein and high fibre flaxseeds muffin recipe. In this recipe, we have used Lean Shake 25, vanilla flavor – but you can definitely experiment with other flavours too. A perfect English breakfast!
Makes 12 Muffins
1 tbsp whole flaxseeds
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 scoops GNC Total Lean® Lean Shake™ 25 (Vanilla Cream)
1 cup low-fat milk
1/2 cup low-fat hung curd
2 tbsp sugar
11/2 tsp honey
1/2 tbsp baking powder
3 tbsp lukewarm water
- In a mixer or a food processor, add flaxseeds and water, allow flaxseed to soak for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the remaining ingredients gradually, mix gently and blend on a high speed for 30 seconds.
- Let the ingredients mixed thoroughly.
- Divide mixture into nonstick cupcake tin and bake uncovered for 20–30 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
- Serve them hot or cold. Just enjoy it.
P.S.: You can store these muffins in a air-tight container for 2 – 3 days.
Nutritional Information per serving (1 muffin):
Energy: 280 calories
Protein: 11 gms
Carbohydrates: 55 gms
Fibre: 7 gm
Fat: 2.5 gms