Can bacteria do good to your body? Maybe yes! That’s why they are called GOOD BACTERIA.
Our digestive system contains millions of bacteria that play a vital role in the proper functioning of our body. They help in the manufacturing of substances like neurotransmitters (including serotonin); enzymes and vitamins – notably Bs and K – and other essential nutrients including important amino acid and short-chain fatty acids.
Around 70% of the body’s defences are in the gut, which constantly under siege from microbes that enter our system via food and drink. The various species of “good” bacteria are your body’s first line of defence and thus a key component of a healthy immune system.
WHAT ARE PROBIOTICS?
- Probiotics are live microorganisms often called good or helpful bacteria that keep our digestive system healthy and helps our body to fight against infections and diseases as they act on bad bacteria in our intestine.
- Probiotics occur naturally in fermented foods and cultured milk ie; yogurt, but one can also find manufactured probiotic supplements.
HOW PROBIOTICS HELP TO YOUR DIGESTIVE PROBLEMS?
- Diarrhea AND CONSTIPATION
Both constipation and diarrhea can also be caused by medications taken for unrelated conditions, e.g. strong anti-inflammatories and antibiotics. In these instances, a probiotic supplement is often prescribed along with the medication to minimize the gastrointestinal side effects.
- LACTOSE INTOLERANCE
Probiotics help in better digestion of lactose as a person with this common food intolerance can undergo substantial discomfort causing bloating, cramping, flatulence and diarrhea.
- INFLAMMATORY BOWEL SYNDROME
Probiotics are proved to be beneficial in treating stomach infections and ulcers and hence aids in the treatment of inflammations.
APART FROM DIGESTION, PROBIOTICS SUPPLEMENTS CAN DO MIRACLES TO OUR BODY
- HELPS IN ENHANCING SKIN QUALITY
- HELPS IN IMPROVING MENTAL HEALTH
- HELPS IN MAINTAINING WEIGHT AND REDUCING BELLY FAT
- HELPS IN BOOSTING IMMUNE SYSTEM AND HEART HEALTH