- Formulated with Fast Digesting Whey Isolate + Whey Concentrate + Whey Hydrolysate.
- Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides for superior absorption and nutrient uptake.
- 5.5g Branched Chain Amino Acids for advanced recovery and performance.
- 4g Glutamine and Glutamine Precursors to maximize muscle recovery with this vital amino acid that is important for hydrating and fueling muscle cells, plus maintaining proper absorptive function in the digestive system.
- 100mg Digestive Enzymes with Aminogen and Lactase that work to improve nutrient breakdown. Gluten Free.
- Lower levels of cholesterol, sodium and fat as compared to other sources of protein.
- Mixes Instantly & Tastes Amazing.
Double Rich Chocolate
Cookies and Cream
For muscle protein synthesis, you require amino acids and whey protein is the only fastest source available. GNC AMP is made using high quality ultra-filtered whey which includes whey isolate, whey concentrate and whey hydrolysate. These three blends work very well to help
- Enhances Performance
- Maximum Muscle Gain
- Improves Muscle Recovery
- Quick and Sustained Muscle Repair & Building
The GNC Difference
Trusted quality since 1935
GNC provides superior health solutions backed by best-in-class quality & expertise. For more than 80 years, we deliver products customers can trust for results you can't find anywhere else.
- Product Quality
- Science Innovation
- Exceptional Customer Experience
- *Products bearing this logo have been tested for banned substances
GNC Pro-Performance AMP Gold 100% Whey Protein Advanced is ideal for anyone who exercises regularly and wants to maximize their workouts.
- Fitness Enthusiasts
- Regular Gym Goers
- Extreme Sports Competitors
3 Simple steps to prepare
Combine with cold water, milk or your favorite beverage in a shaker cup
Make a delicious smoothie adding fruits, juices, peanut butter or yogurt
Mix powder with your oatmeal, yogurt or your favorite food When to consume the product?
It is best advised to take either first thing in the morning, pre workout or post workout. Consult your Dietician/Sports Nutritionist before taking the supplement.
- Know about the Ingredients
Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC)
Whey Concentrate is fractionated and dried so the protein content is about 80%. The other 20% is remaining constituent parts is fat,
cholesterol and lactose.
Whey Protein Isolate (WPI)
Further purification to WPC leads to whey isolates. Whey isolate is a fast absorbing protein with protein content upto 90%. Whey
isolate is a form of whey purified without the use of heat. It is low in lactose, fat and cholesterol than whey concentrate.
Whey Protein Hydrolysate (WPH)
WPH is made by treating the relatively large protein polypeptides in whey with enzymes that break them down into shorter
chains. Also known as peptides. It is digested and absorbed faster in the intestines and may reduce potential allergic reactions.
Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)
BCAAs are essential amino acids that are involved in the growth and repair of muscle tissue. They are essential amino acids including
LEUCINE, ISOLEUCINE & VALINE. BCAAs are useful for athletes because these amino acids can be metabolized directly in muscles.
They are involved in the growth and repair of muscle tissue, help to reduce the amount of protein breakdown and help to preserve
muscle glycogen stores.
Glutamine, a non-essential amino acid, is one of the most abundant amino acids found in muscles. It plays an important role in muscle
function during and after exercise. Glutamine is involved in protein synthesis and plays an important role in hydrating muscle cells.
Intense exercise can contribute to the depletion of muscle glutamine stores by increasing the release of glutamine from muscle cells.
- Number Of Servings
- 65 Servings
- Scoops Per Serving
- 1 Scoop
- Double Rich Chocolate | Vanilla | Delicious Strawberry | Cookies and Cream
- Other Ingredients
- Permitted synthetic colour (INS 122), added flavour, nature identical flavoring substance.
- Any Allergen
- Contains Milk
- Consult a licensed, qualified healthcare professional if you experience any adverse reaction to this product. Not for use by women that are pregnant, nursing, or trying to become pregnant.
- Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing. Contents sold by weight, not volume. Some settling may occur.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why do I need a protein supplement?
A. Everyone should have all 20 amino acids available to the body through the bloodstream all of the time. If the body does not have adequate amounts, it will break down muscle and other tissues to get the amino acids it needs for vital, life-sustaining functions − this is known as a catabolic state. Protein is the best way to get all of the essential amino acids that the body needs. However, it can be difficult for some people to get high-quality protein daily through whole foods alone. Supplementing can thus be a good option for these. Even if you are able to get the sufficient amount of protein through your diet, protein-rich foods take time to digest and may be moderately high in calories. If you are counting calories and require fast-digesting protein, you should consider a protein supplement.
Q. What is the difference between GNC Amp Gold Whey and other GNC whey protein supplements?
A. The main source of whey protein in GNC Amp Gold is Whey Protein Isolate (WPI). Isolate contains about 80-90% of protein gram-for-gram, is fast-absorbing and has low fat with little to no lactose. Contrastingly, other whey protein supplements may use Whey Protein Concentrate which contains about 70-80% protein. Thus, by only WPI, this supplement ensures that anyone involved in fitness and training can get the purest protein that possible.
Q. How do I know whether I should be using the GNC Pro Performance protein supplements or the GNC Pro Performance Amp protein supplements?
A. The GNC Pro Performance range is for those whose goal is to stay fit, active, and healthy and who partake in light to moderate resistance training. The Pro Performance Amp range is for those who prioritize increased strength, improved performance, and more muscles. These individuals would partake in weight training, crossfit, or competitive sports.
Q. How is the real protein amount determined?
We at GNC guarantee that every one of our protein products contains the full amount of protein stated on the label and is 100% Real Protein with NO protein spiking.
- Determining the amount of real protein in a supplement comes down to accurate testing and measurement.
- To accurately calculate the amount of real protein in a protein supplement, the nitrogen from other ingredients such as amino acids, betaine and creatine, are subtracted from the total.
- Some companies use these ingredients to spike protein test results by not subtracting the nitrogen from these other sources.
- This practice is referred to as "protein spiking" or "amino spiking". It is when ingredients that are not whole proteins are being used to spike protein test results.
- Many of these ingredients have a specific purpose and benefit, but they should not be counted as protein grams.