Omega Fatty Acids
What is Fish Oil and Omega?
Fish oil is derived from the tissues of fish and can be obtained directly by consuming fish, or fish oil supplements. It is rich in omega – 3 fatty acids, both EPA and DHA. Fish oil is known for various benefits as it is rich in omega – 3 fatty acids. It loads your system with good fats that play an important role in improving and maintaining your heart’s health and also helps your body to function properly.
Most health organizations worldwide recommend an intake of at least 250 – 500 mg of combined EPA and DHA, the two most essential forms of omega – 3 fatty acids. However a higher dosage is recommended for people suffering from certain health conditions like high triglyceride level or heart disease. It is recommended you consult your doctor before consuming any of these supplements.
What is DHA?
DHA, or docosahexaenoic acid, is a fatty acid found mostly in fish and some plant sources (algae). It is a polyunsaturated fat that is liquid at room temperature. It is one of the most important ingredients of fish oil and plays a pivotal role for vision and brain function and is vital for healthy heart function. It is also extremely important for the healthy development of eyes and brain in fetus and newborn babies. DHA is passed through the placenta to the baby, and then following childbirth it is passed through breast milk.
What is EPA?
EPA, or eicosapentaenoic acid, is an essential fatty acid mostly found in fatty fish. It is also polyunsaturated and is in liquid form at room temperature. It plays an important role in keeping your cardiovascular and circulatory health in good condition and also support’s body natural anti-inflammatory response.
Benefits of Fish Oil and Omega – 3 Fatty Acids
- Regular consumption of omega – 3 supplements supports healthy blood pressure, triglycerides, and reduces the risk of cardiac arrest.
- DHA mainly helps improves focus, speeds up cognition, and slows cognitive decline.
- It also plays an important role in keeping your skin intact and naturally glowing. Omega – 3 supplements are also needed to keep your hair healthy and strong.
- Omega -3 fatty acids and fish oil supplements support the body’s natural anti- inflammatory response for joint comfort.
- The body uses essential fatty acids to gain energy during high intensity workouts. And when the body doesn’t get enough quantity of essential fatty acids, it can prove to be a hindrance in exercise performance and slows recovery as well.
- Can prevent kidney damage and high blood pressure after coronary artery bypass surgery.
- Helps in obesity, osteoporosis, diabetes, certain coordination disorders, and psoriasis.
- It is helpful in treating complications in pregnancy like preeclampsia or miscarriage.
- It can be effective in preventing painful periods. A lot of research is going on regarding this.
- Omega – 3 fatty acids, especially EPA and DHA play a pivotal role in proper vision. They protect the retina from oxidative stress, inflammation and DHA is a key fatty acid found in the retina and is present in large amounts in this tissue.
- Taking fish oil and omega supplements regularly can be helpful in certain psychiatric disorders like depression, psychosis, and Alzheimer’s disease.
GNC is one of the bestselling brands in India for omega- 3 and fish oil supplements. It is known for its purity, 100% authentic and genuine products, and a wide range of product range to suit your fitness needs. GNC fish oil supplements are derived from deep sea fish, help support joint health, brain health, and heart health. Some of the most popular GNC fish oil and omega – 3 fatty acid supplements are the following.
- GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil
GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil supplement is one of the best quality fish oil supplement in the market. It is a high potency clinically proven fish oil and is purified using five step purification process. It supports heart health, brain health, and body’s anti-inflammatory response. It is enriched with DHA and EPA, both of which are known to be beneficial for eye health.
The omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil are necessary for heart health. They help support normal, healthy cholesterol levels and are necessary in the maintenance of normal blood pressure. You can easily consume one capsule a day and get all the benefits of fish oil.
- GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil + CoQ10
One of the top 5 GNC fish oil supplements is GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil + CoQ 10. It is enriched with Omega-3s, including 600 mg of EPA. EPA supports circulatory health, joint health, healthy triglyceride and cholesterol levels, and body’s natural anti-inflammatory response. CoQ-10 helps support heart health and a healthy cardiovascular system. You can take two capsules daily as a dietary supplement and get all the benefits of fish oil and omega – 3 fatty acids.
Some of the other GNC fish oil supplements that you can check on the website are –
- GNC Cod Liver Oil with Omega – 3 supplement
- GNC Salmon Oil
- GNC Fish Body Oil
- GNC Triple Strength Krill Oil
- GNC DHA 250
- GNC Triple Strength Omega Complex
When and how to consume GNC Fish Oil supplements?
If you want to start taking fish oil and omega supplements, it is best to talk to your doctor about it. Most packages come with dosage instructions and you can follow them easily. Take them with food, one in the morning and one in the afternoon or with mid-meal snack for best results. GNC Triple Strength Fish oil capsules need to be taken once a day. If you’re not comfortable swallowing large capsules, you can also opt GNC Triple Strength – mini version.
Where to buy the best quality fish oil and omega supplements?
You can easily buy fish oil and omega supplements easily from the comfort and safety of your home at www.guardian.in
It is the official Indian website where you can buy supplements, read customer reviews, compare prices, and get 100% genuine products. Buy fish oil and omega supplements online at best price in India.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Q. Why do I need fish oil and omega – 3 fatty acid supplements?
Fish oil supplements are needed by people for proper functioning of the body. The main element of fish oil is omega – 3 fatty acids which is beneficial in supporting cardiovascular health. If you eat fish regularly minimum 3 times a week, then you can quit taking these supplements. But if your daily diet doesn’t have enough fish or you’re a vegetarian or vegan, then taking fish oil supplements (even in vegan form) will be helpful. It is helpful in – lowering cholesterol, lessens chance of sudden cardiac arrest, slows development of plaque in arteries, reduces likelihood of stroke and abnormal heart beat.
Check out range of GNC fish oil supplements that are known for their high quality and amazing results.
Q. What are some precautions to be taken while consuming fish oil supplements?
Although fish oil and omega – 3 fatty acids supplements are completely safe for consumption for the body when taken orally in low disease (3 g or less). But not following the recommended dosage taking more than 3 grams a day may lead to certain side effects. Here are some precautions you should take while consuming fish oil and omega – 3 fatty acid supplements
- Do not exceed the dosage of 3 g a day or else you might see certain side effects like bleeding, high blood sugar, low blood pressure, diarrhea etc.
- Always check the proportion of EPA and DHA in the supplements as these are the two main beneficial ingredients in fish oil.
- Always consult your doctor before including fish oil supplements in your diet, especially if you’re pregnant or lactating.
Q. What are some things to consider when buying fish oil and omega – 3 fatty acids supplements?
There are various kinds of fish oil and omega – 3 fatty acid supplements available in the market. It is recommended that you do your research, consult your doctor, read reviews, and then buy the best supplement. Here are some things to consider when buying fish oil and omega – 3 fatty acid supplements online in India.
- The fish oil supplement you choose should have a decent amount of DHA and EPA. Sometimes the weight of the tablet might be 1000 mg but that doesn’t mean it provides the same amount of DHA and EPA.
- Look for a trusted brand and buy 100% genuine supplements. Cheap quality fish oil and omega – 3 fatty acid supplements may have pollutants and heavy metals which can be harmful for your health.
- To avoid heartburn and fish breath opt for enteric-coated supplements that release the ingredients only after entering the stomach.
- Focus on the DHA and EPA content of the supplement.
Q. Can I get fish oil and omega fats from natural food sources?
You can get fish oil and omega fats from natural food sources as well. Eating a diet rich in these foods will ensure you get the daily requirement of omega fatty acids. If you don’t consume that much amount or are a vegetarian, then it is best to take fish oil and omega supplements. Taking GNC omega – 3 fatty acid supplements will be most beneficial. You can get omega - 3 and omega – 6 fatty acids from natural sources.
Foods rich in omega- 3 fatty acids
- Cod liver oil
- Chia seeds
- Flaxseed oil
Foods rich in omega – 6 fatty acids
- Safflower oil
- Pumpkin seeds
- Soybean oil
- Firm tofu
- Sunflower oil
- Corn oil
Q. Do pregnant women need omega – 3?
Yes, omega-3 supplements are essential for pregnant women, especially the ones enriched with DHA. Various studies have shown that there is better cognitive development in infants whose mothers took omega – 3 supplements as compared to those who weren’t taking any kind of fish oil or omega supplements.
DHA supports brain development during infancy. It is one of the major structural lipids in the brain to help support brain development and that’s why pregnant ladies should definitely take omega – 2 supplements after consulting their doctor.
Free Delivery on Orders of Rs.800 & Above
Verify the Product via a Unique Authentication Code
Contact Us at 1800 266 8666 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment Modes Include Debit/Credit Cards, UPI Transactions, Mobikwik Wallet & More