- Pro Performance Weight Gainer 2200 Gold supplies that extra calories you need to put on the added kilograms you want.
- When mixed with double toned milk, 3 heaped scoops provides 2200 calories, 73 grams of protein from an exclusive blend and 440 grams of carbohydrates.
- It also supplies important ingredients like BCAA that every athletes want.
- It is a vegetarian product and contains no banned substances.
Benefits :High-quality protein in a wellness formula. Designed to digest and release varied intervals throughout the day to ensure your muscles get the amino acids they need. BCAA present in the product, helps reduce muscle breakdown during exercise. Digestive Enzymes present in the product helps aid protein and carbohydrate breakdown, making this weight gaining product.
Why Maltodextrin is used in the product? Is it dangerous?
Maltodextrins are part of the carbohydrates food group. They have a calorific value of 4 kcal/g. Carbohydrates support a number of the body’s basic metabolic processes and should form 50-55% of the body’s total energy intake. The EFSA has confirmed that the consumption of carbohydrates, including maltodextrins, supports the normal functioning of the brain and muscles. (EFSA, 2014)
Maltodextrins (MDs) are a class of carbohydrates (CHOs) extracted from a range of botanical sources. They are industrially produced by enzymatic or acid hydrolysis of the starch, followed by purification and spray drying.
Along with EFSA, even the Food and Drug Administration has labeled maltodextrin as GRAS — generally regarded as safe
Benefits of Adding Maltodextrin:
Maltodextrin (MDs) is used worldwide by many endurance athletes or sportspeople. It has been shown that a combination of MDs with protein and/or amino acids can promote enhanced glycogen recovery and stimulate muscle protein synthesis following an intense exercise protocol. Thus, this carbohydrate provides the body with an easily digested quick supply of glycogen. Hence, acts as an ideal source of energy for intra and post-workouts. (D. L. HOFMAN et.al, 2019, Costill and Hargreaves, 1992; Shi et al., 1995; Brouns, 2003; Kerksick et al., 2008).
Glycogen replenishment can happen better when carbohydrates are consumed along with protein with amino acids. Recommendations for adequate post-exercise carbohydrate consumption are to consume 0.6–1.0 g/kg carbohydrate within 30 min of cessation of the exercise and again every 2 h for the next 4–6 h. Carbohydrate consumption of 1.2 g/kg every 30 min over 3.5 h also resulted in maximal glycogen replenishment. In cases of suboptimal post-exercise carbohydrate consumption, the addition of protein can improve glycogen replenishment and decrease symptoms of muscle damage.
Possible Health Concerns:
The article in Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition acknowledges no direct link between maltodextrin consumption and negative health effects. These same researchers also conclude that there should not be the overconsumption of foods containing maltodextrin. (D.L Hoffman et. al, 2016)
It is a high GI carbohydrate and thus can spike up the blood sugar level. Hence, should be avoided by people suffering from hyperglycemia, pre-diabetes or type 2 diabetes. Or we recommend consulting your doctor before consuming products containing maltodextrin.
Frequently Bought Together Products
- Helps support colon and prostate health.
- Muscle Function
GNC Mega Men Sport Multivitamin 120 Tablets
- Supplementation with GNC L-Glutamine may help maintain the glutamine levels that have been depleted as a result of intense exercise.
- Glutamine, as an independent amino acids is involved in protein synthesis and plays a pivotal role in the body's nitrogen balance.
- It helps fuel immune system and maintenance of proper intestinal function.