In the past year, working out at home has become the new norm. While your gyms and workout studios might be shutting down temporarily, it does not mean that your fitness journey has to take a hit. You, too, can work out at home.
Now the question arises, ‘Can I lose my lockdown weight at home? Especially if I don’t have gym equipment?’ Luckily for you, you can easily repurpose your daily household items and use them as workout buddies on your fitness journey. Here are some simple ways to ensure you stay fit and safe at the same time.
Sweat it out on the stairs
You can forget about the treadmill or the elliptical when you have a ready-made set of stairs in your house or building. All you need to do to get in your cardio for the day is run up and down the flight of stairs a few times. If you want to increase the level of difficulty, you can run up and down the stairs with a weight. If you do not have weights, try filling up a backpack with a few water bottles, and off you go!
Chiseled arms with your chair
All you need to work out your upper body is a sturdy chair. Make sure that the chair does not have wheels. To do a triceps dip, sit on the chair with your hands by your sides. Wrap your fingers around the seat’s edge. Extend your legs in a straight line and lift your torso off the chair. Lower yourself till your elbows are at a 90-degree angle for the perfect dip. You can also use the chair for incline or decline push-ups. All you need to do is ensure your chair does not move while doing these exercises, and your arms are pointed in line with the chair and not outwards.
Toned biceps with your bottles
No dumbbells? No problem! All you need is two one-litre bottles, and you have your dumbbells! You need to ensure that both bottles are of equal capacity so that your workout can continue smoothly. From bicep curls to overhead raises to front & lateral raises, there is no shortage of workouts you can do with these dumbbells. You can increase the number of repetitions and sets to increase the level of difficulty over time. Pro tip: Increase the weight to increase strength & increase repetitions to improve definition.
Books for an active mind and core
All you need to take your core to the next level is a few books. Get your hands on a heavy, hardcover book and hold it with both hands over your head while doing your crunches. Make sure to keep your hands straight while holding the book, so you engage your core. Alternatively, you can also place the book on your chest to make the ab workout tougher. You can also use the same book for Russian twisters to get the abs and sides you have always desired.
Towels for toning up
You can use a towel for many workouts. The first way you can use it is for planks by placing the towel under your elbows. You can increase the level of difficulty by doing plank jacks. You can also place the towel under your hands or feet to increase resistance while doing workouts like mountain climbers and knee tucks. Additionally, you can also use the towel after your workout for stretching.
To make the most of the workouts you do at home, make sure you are keeping a check on other important things as well ! Below are few check points for you
- Minimum 8 glasses of water per day to keep yourself hydrated in this heat.
- 1g/kg body weight of protein. If you are too busy with your work and home schedule, supplementing your diet can be a good solution. Choose premium supplements like GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein if you are a beginner or AMP Gold series 100% whey Protein or AMP Pure Isolate if you are into intense exercising for more than 6 months.
- A healthy breakfast, if your busy schedule comes in way a meal replacement shake can be your perfect partner. Add GNC Total Lean® Lean Shake™. It is a scientifically designed meal replacement shakes that comes in 3 amazing flavors. This wonderful formula not only helps you keeping your calories in control but also helps you meet 40% of your daily protein requirement. It provides 8 g of fiber and 26 vitamins and minerals in just one serve
- Sleeping for 7-8 hours per night is crucial, especially if you are looking for increase muscle mass, change body composition, and if you want to be ready for your personal training session the next day. Sleep enhances muscle recovery through protein synthesis and human growth hormone release
- Minimum 5 serving of fresh fruits and vegetables to get your daily dose of Vitamin, minerals and fiber. You can even supplement your diet with a good multivitamin which meet your requirement. Check the entire range of GNC multivitamins, especially designed for different body requirements.
Let this lockdown not stop us from being fitter you!
To know more call us on 1800 266 8666 or write on firstname.lastname@example.org