Virat Kohli Fitness Routine and Diet Plan for World Cup 2019
These magical words come with a lot of hard work and responsibility!! Don’t you think so? Well, Virat definitely does!
Being a chocolate boy to a fitness mantra, Virat Kohli has gone into an immense transformation!!
He is not just the name of an Indian Cricket Team captain, but a ray of hope to bring that cup back in our country!! Well, the cup doesn’t come that easily, it requires a lot of efforts for our captain to first train himself to follow a fit and healthy lifestyle.
His passion was so high that he was happy to leave his favorite foods like butter chicken, mutton rolls, chole bhature to become one of the fittest batsmen in the Indian cricket team today.
Virat Kohli weighs approx 70Kgs and his height would be 175 cms.
Let’s understand his workout regime and diet plan in detail:
Diet Plan of Virat Kohli:
Virat Kohli has gone into a tremendous transformation from a chocolate boy to the fitness master and all this would not have been possible without following a proper diet. With his team of dieticians and trainers, he is following a diet which can be smoothly sneaked into his daily lifestyle.
- Being a Punjabi Munda, he loves chicken and paneer and freshly cooked homemade food.
- When he started his journey towards a fitter body, he knew it won’t be an easy task. He initially modified his diet a bit to be able to take his first step.
- Not eating much was never Virat Kohli’s style of remaining fit. He loves eating food just like any other Punjabis and hence he has just twisted his favorite foods into a healthier version.
- He has replaced his fried chips with alternative wheat crackers.
- During breakfast, he makes sure to consume complex carbs, fats and complete protein. This includes 3 egg whites; one whole egg – omelet with spinach black pepper cheese, some grilled bacon or smoked salmon along with papaya or dragon fruit or watermelon with a good amount of cheese for calcium.
- Later he also carries his own nut butter. The purpose of carrying nut butter is while he is traveling; he can apply the butter on the gluten-free bread and enjoy it without any guilt. Nut butter would give him a good amount of quality fats.
- Whenever he feels like having tea, he will have green tea with lemon.
- His lunch and dinner both comprises of grilled chicken or grilled fish, mashed potatoes and sautéed veggies. In case, his trainer will ask him to improve on muscle mass he will include red meat too or else he sticks to his usual diet regimen.
- He allows himself one cheat meal a week and he gorges on his favorite meal – Chole Bhature.
He is very dedicated towards his diet regime, he follows it very strictly.
Virat Kohli’s Fitness Routine
He mentioned in one of his interviews, “Gone are those days where being fit for the cricket match was not the priority. Presently, when the competition is building up at a very fast pace if you are not fit you fade away easily”.
It is a well-known fact that Virat Kohli has a great inclination towards staying fit and toned up. From his cracking shots on the ground to his swift sprints between the wickets and to his fabulous & sharp focus on the field, Virat Kohli is much disciplined when it comes to staying in shape. Virat is a regular gym goer even when he is on the tour.
Not Smoking, but Smacking with sixes is his style!
- Strict five days workout of 2 to 4 hours.
- He gives his body a rest of two days.
- He follows a combination of weights and cardio exercises. This way it helps him to maintain lean muscle mass to help hold it longer and also improve his endurance capacity.
- Keeping in mind his health and future cricket performances, he is very careful about his fitness routine.
The result of his hard work, we all have seen – a dhamakedar performance with wickets and one of the best on the scoreboard.
All the best to our Captain and his team!