If you want to see yourself in the mirror in a different way, with a better physique, more muscle mass, fat-free, lean muscles without looking bulky, then it’s time to improve your workout regimen.
Despite making an effort to change your body’s composition, you haven’t seen a dramatic improvement? It’s not surprising to hear that! The truth is, if you are exercising at the gym and still not seeing results, then you have missed something…you haven’t fuelled your muscles properly.
You can increase your muscle growth and training effects with two supplements that have been crowned world champions, Whey Protein and Creatine Monohydrate.
Maybe you’re wondering what you can do if you’ve never taken creatine before. It often is suggested that protein powder be combined
with creatine for greater gains.
For boosting performance at the gym, both whey protein and creatine supplements are effective and safe.
Benefits of Creatine
When you are looking for a performance supplement that will keep you going through intense workouts and provide you with a variety of benefits, Creatine Monohydrate may be for you. Let’s understand the basics of this mysterious supplement:
What Is Its Function In The Body?
In muscle cells, Creatine is rapidly converted into Creatine Phosphate by transferring its potassium phosphoryl group to ATP. It acts as a driving force behind energy production by replenishing ADP and converting it to ATP with phosphate contributions.
- Increasing the phosphocreatine pool in skeletal muscle helps to regenerate ATP more rapidly.
- Regular intake of this supplement will keep the cells hydrated, thus helps promote muscle protein synthesis.
- Creatine increases muscle contraction, ability to perform repeated high-intensity exercise bouts and reduces muscular fatigue by increased energy production.
- Enhances performance and muscle power during training.
- An energy source that provides a rapid source of energy, especially during exercise.
- Research has shown that all these above activities finally help enhance athletic performance and stamina.
Whey protein is a popular protein in sports nutrition. This protein provides excellent levels of readily absorbed amino acids, such as the complete essential amino acid profile and branch chain amino acids (BCAAs). Since whey protein is digested more rapidly than other proteins, whey protein is an excellent protein for workout recovery and muscle building.
What Are The Benefits Of Protein For Athletes?
It has the highest biological value of all protein supplements.
• Leucine is one of the most abundant amino acids in Whey Protein.
• Contains all 9 essential amino acids, whey protein is a complete protein.
• Maintains a positive nitrogen balance.
• An important component of every cell in the body.
• Essential for basic wear and tear of the tissues.
• The essential nutrient for strengthening the immune system.
• Stimulates enzymes and hormones to promote the activity of cells and organs.
• Increases metabolic fat while building lean muscle.
• Inhibits binge eating by increasing the release of satiety hormone-Leptin. Thus, obesity risks are substantially reduced.
Can You Improve Athletic Performance By Mixing Creatine And Whey Protein?
Having both Whey Protein and Creatine together makes it the perfect training supplement to raise your muscle gains.
Creatine provides an instant burst of energy, allowing you to exert your whole body, especially during workouts that involve a lot of muscular contractions that require maximum energy expenditure. When combined with glycogen-depleting exercise, creatine increases glycogen accumulation and aerobic threshold. According to the results of a recent study, 51 men drank a drink containing creatine and protein as opposed to a carbohydrate-only drink. While they did not see differences in muscle mass or strength after 10 weeks of resistance training, they did find that the creatine and protein test group improved their anaerobic power.
The essential amino acids in Whey Protein enable it to build and repair muscle tissue. Muscle tissue can be repaired and remodelled with this compound and it can help muscles grow.
Research has also shown that men who used whey protein and creatine in a strength-training program gained more strength and lean muscle mass than men who used only whey protein.
How much Creatine should you consume with your whey protein?
Taking creatine supplements at the right time is of utmost importance. If you are on a casual maintenance phase, then you should take 3 to 5 grams of this supplement. However, if you are on a loading phase, then you should aim for 20 – 25 grams for the first week and then drop to 3 – 5 grams per day for maintenance.
Because creatine monohydrate is odourless and tasteless, it makes taking the supplement easier. Combine protein powder, amino acids, or plain water with a drink.
You can hit your protein macronutrient targets while maintaining a high level of creatine saturation by drinking a protein-and-creatine shake on a regular basis.