Why a Need for Gender Specific Multivitamin?
We need essential amino acids, carbohydrates, essential fatty acids, and 28 vitamins and minerals to sustain life and health. However, nutritional needs vary from one life stage to another.
Nutritional Requirement of a person remains the same till the time it reaches the teen years. Once a person enters it teen years, his and her requirement change begins. Late teens are a very crucial time for both men and women as far as nutrition is concerned – here the stage is being set for the rest of their life.
This is the last decade where you can still build new bone, and the hormones that allow you to build new muscle are at their peak. To maximize this decade, it’s critical to eat plenty of high nutrient foods, especially those containing calcium, protein, and iron (most important for women).
Men and Women have their own priorities
The purpose of including multivitamins in your diet is to simply help bridge the gap between the deficiency and the requirement. Since guidelines for men and women differ, a gender-specific multivitamin meant to meet those unique needs makes sense.
Macronutrient requirements like Protein, Carbohydrates, and Fat remains the same among both the gender, but micronutrient needs in adults 19 to 50 years of age differ slightly according to gender. Males require more of vitamins C, K, B 1, B 2, and B 3; choline; magnesium; zinc; chromium; and manganese. Females due to their menstruations require more iron, compared with males of similar age. Calcium is required by both the groups, but women need to store it till her menopause stage and thus it is important to include it in the supplement.
With the team of Ph.D. researchers, nutritionist and registered dieticians, GNC bring to you the gender-specific supplements helping to meet your specific requirements.
Men and Women have different RDA to fulfill. The RDA is the guidelines set by the Indian Council of Medical Research. Full form of RDA includes Recommended Dietary Allowances. There are few ingredients which might be needed by men and not by women and vice versa.
GNC Mega Men, along with fulfilling the vitamins and minerals need, it specifically has nutrients like:
- Vitamin E: Supports Prostate Health and Antioxidant Protection. It is important to maintain normal prostate health. It is a small gland that is part of the male reproductive system.
- L-Arginine: Helps to normalize blood vessel tone and sexual health in men.
- L-Glutamine: Improves skeletal muscles and immune response.
- Magnesium: Required for Energy Production, nerve and muscle function.
GNC Women’s One Daily is also prepared by customizing the product taking care of the women’s need:
- Calcium: Required for bone strengthening. As the woman ages, she suffers for post-menopausal symptoms and later menopause. During the menopausal stage, estrogen levels are almost negligible and hence our body cannot store enough calcium required by the bones and joints.
- Iron: Required by women for building blood & transporting oxygen and cellular energy metabolism.
- Biotin: Needed for healthy hair, skin and nail growth. Also, it assists in normal protein metabolism.