Why Should you buy Salmon Oil Supplements?
Today, in this article our main focus would be Salmon Oil and its Unique Benefits.
Salmon fish is not only a beautiful looking fish but also holds a lot of important nutrients beneath its skin. The beautiful color and the health benefits of salmon comes naturally from their diet. Many of the salmon fishes consume krill or shrimp and the astaxanthin concentration which is orange or red in color in nature.
Salmon oil included in your diet whether in the form of diet or as a supplement. It always provides numerous benefits. Salmon fishes are expensive and very difficult to receive
The benefits of consuming Salmon Oil and Fish oil more or less remains the same, expect salmon oil may provide few added benefits, Let’s highlight them today:
5 remarkable health benefits of Salmon Oil
- Rich Source of Omega-3 Fatty Acid: Salmon oil contains the omega-3 fatty acids known as docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). Two polyunsaturated acids (PUFA) like omega-3 and omega-6 are of much interest in today’s age. An ideal ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 should be 1:1 to 1:4. Omega 6 can be easily sourced from oils like canola or sunflower oils. But, the required quantity of omega-3 fatty acids is difficult to get through diet alone. And hence now we have moved on from 1:1 to 20: 1, which is affecting our health. One needs to consume a minimum of three fatty fishes or 500 to 1000mg of EPA and DHA per day.
- Has Anti – Inflammatory Properties: Inflammation is a part of the body’s immune system. But sometimes, the inflammatory process gets out of control and this may lead to chronic diseases. Omega-3 fatty acid present in salmon has the capability to reduce the impact of inflammatory chemicals produced by the immune system.
- Added Benefit to Help Support Brain Health: Fish oil per se is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids. The main component of omega-3 fatty acids would be EPA and DHA. DHA is an essential fatty acid found in the brain and it is required for a functional nervous system. Salmon oil is filled with omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B12 in addition to selenium and choline. All these nutrients are linked with brain function, cognition, and neurological health. Hence, adds up the zing to promoting brain health.
- Great Vitamin D & Vitamin B12 source: Vitamin D and B12 are two main important nutrients that mainly are not derived from the natural sources and one has to take them in the form of supplements. Salmon oil provides you both these nutrients which can where fat-soluble vitamin D, a hormone that the body produces when exposed to sunlight. Vitamin D promotes bone health, immune function, and even cancer protection.
- Rich in Selenium content: As compared to Fish Oil, Salmon oil does contain a good amount of Selenium. Selenium is an essential mineral that helps build antioxidant enzymes in the body. Selenium supports the antioxidant activity of vitamin E which protects against free radicals.