Kelp is a member of the brown seaweed family. Kelp is considered to be a super food because of its wide variety of nutrients; kelp has been a staple of several Asian cultures for centuries. While its popularity in the western world is a more recent event, as more people discover the many benefits this vegetable has to offer, it’s quickly becoming part of a healthy.
This seaweed is effective in weight loss, supports thyroid health, has been proven to reduce the risk of many forms of cancer and even keeps your bones strong.
- Kelp provides extraordinary amounts of iodine and other minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, phytonutrients, amino acids, omega-3 fats, and fiber.
- Kelp is available in different forms, including Tablet and Capsule. The capsule makes it easy for the body to absorb the iodine, as well as other minerals found in kelp
- Thyroid Regulation: Kelp is a great source of Iodine. Iodine plays an important part in thyroid health. Without iodine, thyroid isn’t able to function properly; when the body is deficient in iodine, the thyroid doesn’t work correctly and metabolism slows down. Therefore those who want increased levels of energy and metabolism boost often use Kelp capsule. It has been used to treat hypothyroidism in patients.
· Alkali: Another important component of kelp is alkali. Alkali helps your body maintain the balance between acid and alkaline.
- Boost Immunity. Kelp is naturally high in antioxidants, including carotenoids, flavonoids, and alkaloids, which help to fight against disease-causing free radicals.
- Fights chronic disease: Antioxidant vitamins like vitamin C, and minerals like manganese and zinc, help to combat oxidative stress and may offer benefits to cardiovascular health. There have been many claims regarding kelp’s abilities to fight chronic disease, including cancer. Researchers found that kelp can slow the spread of colon and breast cancers. A compound found in kelp called fucoidan may also prevent the spread of lung cancer and prostate cancer.
- Many people using Kelp find it prevents anemia, which is especially important for those who lack iron in the diet.
- Kelp helps boost metabolism and enhanced brain function.
- Excessive amounts of kelp can introduce excessive amounts of iodine to the body. This can overstimulate the thyroid and cause harm. There are significant health risks to consuming excessive iodine.
- There is the potential for some side effects as well. It’s important to only eat kelp in moderation, and it should be avoided by those suffering from hyperthyroidism.
- It is best for expecting mothers to avoid taking Kelp.
Always consult a health professional before beginning any supplementation regimen.
GNC kelp is a great source of iodine which helps the thyroid gland to function normally. Also helps in boosting immunity & metabolism and enhances brain function as well.