In this time of year, strengthening your immune system and protecting yourself from the infection becomes utmost important for preventing sicknesses.
- Take Probiotics Help: Our immunity majorly depends on our gut health. If the microflora of our gut is great, our immunity is perfect. Probiotics are helpful, living bacteria that can benefit everyone for digestive, immune and overall health. Probiotics need to be replenished daily to support good health and help fight bad bacteria in the body. Studies reveal that 10 billion daily dose of probiotics is important for positive gut floras.
- Minimum 2 fruits a day: Ideally, it is important to consume minimum 3 fruits daily to boost up your vitamins levels. Vitamin C, A, E, D plays a vital role in the response of white blood cells and antibodies to infection, bacteria, and viruses. Start consuming at least 2 fruits a day – it can be any. No fruit leads to weight gain if consumed in an appropriate amount.
- Multivitamin supplement: These supplements will help you to meet your daily nutrient requirement and thus save you from cold and coughs. In 2007, a study published by the British Journal of Nutrition, multivitamins support the body’s immune system at three separate levels: physical barriers (e.g. skin and mucous), cellular immunity, and antibody production. GNC has specially designed these multivitamins keeping in mind the person’s age, gender, health condition, and dietary requirement.
- Give your body complete protein: Your immune system is made up of protein and relies on new protein synthesis to function. Lean proteins like white meat, egg whites, whey protein help to build immune health and prevents carbohydrate-induced spikes in blood sugar that might reduce the immunity.
- Use lots of herbs and spices: Include in your meal onions, garlic, ginger, black peppercorn, curry leaves, and turmeric. All these spices contain active ingredients that help to boost our immune system.