What is Beta-Alanine
Beta-alanine is an amino acid that does not contribute directly to muscle building but is a precursor to carnosine, a functionally active peptide with antioxidant properties that helps moderate optimal pH ranges within muscles.
Beta-alanine can lead to a “flushing effect” on the skin, giving the temporary sensations of itching or tingling.
The body can produce beta-alanine in at least three ways:
- It can be released during the breakdown of histidine dipeptides, such as carnosine or anserine.
- It can be formed as a secondary byproduct of a reaction that converts L-alanine to pyruvate.
- Additionally, beta-alanine can be formed during digestion, when intestinal microbes remove a carbon atom from L-aspartate, releasing both beta-alanine and CO2.
Pork and beef are good sources of carnosine, whereas tuna and venison are high food sources of anserine.
Benefits of Beta-Alanine:
Beta-alanine is often used by endurance and bodybuilding athletes. It is a precursor to carnosine, which has pH buffering properties.
Strenuous exercise can negatively affect the pH balance in muscles as the body is getting less oxygen than it needs.
Proper pH balance in muscles during high-intensity workouts can delay exhaustion and fatigue, increasing performance.
Optimal muscle pH ranges help facilitate muscle contraction.
Necessary for the metabolism of sugars and organic acids.
Pro Performance® AMP Amplified N.O. Loaded™ V2
GNC’s next generation pre-workout combines the most important pre-training supplements into one great-tasting powerful formula.
- A whopping dose of 5g Betaine for added power and performance
- 4g Creatine blend* with Micronized Creatine for rapid delivery
- Creatine HCl for lean strength gains
- Clinically studied 3.6g Beta-Alanine* to help buffer muscle carnosine levels, a key marker of muscle fatigue.*
- Potent Arginine blend, including Micronized Arginine for rapid delivery to support nitric oxide levels
ResVida® Resveratrol for increased blood vessel dilation to fuel muscle pumps
- L-Citrulline, Yohimbe and Rhodiola, plus Arginine AKG for extreme support.
- Energizing Fatty Acid Metabolizer (EFAM) Blend helps transform fatty acids into energy and supports metabolism.*
- Nitrogen needs increase during training, and if nitrogen levels are low, your body pulls from muscle stores which can result in catabolism, poor performance and longer recovery. Pro Performance® AMP Amplified N.O. Loaded™ V2 with a Nitro-Factor of 10 grams* helps fuel performance and anabolism.
Flavors: Fruit Punch, Raspberry, Blue Razz
LIT Pre-Workout Features 5 clinically studied ingredients at their full, proven doses. No meaningless sprinkles. No proprietary blends. · 250 mg Caffeine · 3.2 g Beta-Alanine · 3 g L-Citrulline · 100mg Neurofactor · 1.5 g Nitrosignine Easy Add-On Booster: Arginine