Though many people today frown upon the word “fat”, there are not all fats that are bad for us. A good example of this is fish oil. The Health benefits of fish oil are attributed to Omega-3 fatty acids. Human bodies cannot produce omega-3 fatty acids on their own, which is why omega-3 fatty acids are considered essential fatty acids.
The human body relies on both omega-3 fatty acids, DHA and eicosapentanoic acid (EPA). We must obtain Omega-3 fatty acids externally through our diet or by taking dietary supplements, as our body cannot produce this essential fatty acid. There is research suggesting that Omega-3 is beneficial to the body because it helps the body produce chemicals that, in turn, help control inflammation. In addition to Omega-3’s anti-inflammatory properties, fish oil also has a number of other health benefits.
One such benefit would be for Hair.
Furthermore, omega-3 fish oil aids in opening follicles and promoting hair growth, effectively repairing the damage sustained by hair through daily use. It is also a healthy fat that keeps the scalp from becoming dry or flaky.
In this article, we will discuss a few of them in detail.
Fish Oil Helps Improve Hair Growth
There is no doubt that fish oil is one of the best sources of healthy fat that can help nourish and condition dry, flaky scalp from the inside. In addition to benefiting the hair follicles by enhancing blood flow, fish oil may also increase the number of nutrients carried to them directly. The action will improve your hair growth cycle over time and help you to optimize it.
Omega-3 Fats Helps Control Dandruff Naturally
You can really make a significant difference to your hair if you add omega-3 fats to your diet. You can regulate the amounts of oil your skin produces by adding more omega-3 fatty acids to your diet, and they also help reduce inflammation, decreasing the symptoms associated with dandruff, as well as reducing irritation on your scalp.
Fish Oil Leads To Thicker Hair
In 2015, a study published in the “Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology” reported that a supplement containing omega-3 fatty acids was effective in treating hair loss symptoms. For women who took the supplement for six months, lesser hair was lost, but their hair began to grow thicker, resulting in thicker individual strands of hair as well as the appearance of more hair over the entire area.
How Much Fish Oil/Omega-3’s You Should Take Every Day?
- According to the American Heart Association (AHA), one needs to have a minimum of 3 servings of fatty fish or to supplement daily with about 500mg of EPA and DHA.
- As per the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), one needs to consume a minimum of 250 to 2g/d of EPA and DHA to achieve the health benefits.
- Alternatively, if fish is not a part of your normal diet, then you should take a fish oil supplement daily that contains at least 900 mg of EPA and DHA.
Why do we need to check on EPA and DHA content in fish oil supplements?
- DHA accumulation from ALA only occurs at trace levels due to additional steps required to convert EPA to DHA.
- EPA concentrations increase with dietary EPA, but DHA does not.
- Dietary DHA supplementation will result in steady-state DHA concentrations and a modest increase in EPE concentrations through DHA retro-conversion, producing EPA at 5 – 11% of accumulated DHA levels.
- Ideally, the omega-6 to omega-3 ratio should not exceed 4:1 and less than 2:1.
Is Omega-3 Fish Oil Supplementation Necessary?
We often consume too little fat in our daily diets, and mercury can also be a problem. Supplementing with purified fish oil will ensure that we receive enough omega-3s.
Choosing the right balance of EPA and DHA in dietary supplements is the key to getting the most benefit. All harmful metals that are present in deep seawater fish are removed during processing and manufacturing because the contamination levels in deep seawater are higher than normal. Additionally, they are enteric-coated, which helps reduce fishy burps.
Add GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil, which contains 1500 mg of Omega 3 fatty acids and 900 mg of EPA and DHA per serving. This is an ultra-purified clinical-grade fish oil derived from wild, deep ocean fishes.
Your health can be affected positively by the right supplements.
Choose wisely today!